February 8, 2009

More Randoms

1. Spencer fussing and crying and I'm wasting time on the computer. "Merritt, get off the baby! Leave the baby alone! Why can't you stop bothering your brother?! Merr?"

"Mama? I'm upstairs." (Poor Merr, we always yell at her every time Spencer fusses, although she's usually the one bugging him.)

2. A few Fridays ago I'm watching Wife Swap and wondering, "Is 8:15 on a Friday night too early to go to sleep?" Anyway, the asinine families were horrible--a prissy, pansy British husband and his "world citizens" children living in San Fran and a middle American family that rode 4-wheelers, never ate vegetables and played paintball for exercise. Can't you get a college scholarship for paintball? So in the early intros, the British snob's wife, a certified hypnotherapist and health nut, said that she didn't spend too much time with their two kids. "I see them at breakfast and then usually at 5:30 or 6. It doesn't suit my personality to be with the kids a lot. When I spend too much time with them, they irritate me and I get cranky." Cranky?! She gets cranky when she's with her kids too much? They irritate her? Isn't that the definition of motherhood? Spending too much time with your offspring, being irritated and cranky yet still doing it? Heck, my kids irritate me even before I'm out of bed in the morning. Get real, sister, and go love on your annoying offspring. It's not all about you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen!!!! it doesn't suit her personality to be with her kids? Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.