January 23, 2010

Still Breathing

If you perchance read my scattered posts through Google Reader or some such other blog feed thingie, I've updated our picture on the home page so you can see our cute kids and how old we look.

I love, love this soup. I make it often, which I don't think everyone else appreciates, but I'm the queen and I'm in charge. It's easy, quick and cheap. If I'm out of ham, I use a handful or two of bacon bits from the mega bag I get at Sam's club. Everything's better with bacon.

Read here. Great advice to spark your thrifty spirit. Go cheapies!

Tried this for dinner tonight. Really easy (Hello! 3 ingredients!) and tasted good. (I won't say yummy since it bugs me when adults use the word yummy in their blogs. I am 29ish, for Pete's sake!) Next time I might add just a smidge of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. The kids had Mac n Cheese since I don't think they'd appreciate the depth and complexity of the sauce.

The End.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Um, that sounds yummy! (I couldn't resist.) I'm glad you told me to come look at your blog instead of reading it in my google reader because 1. I got to see the cute new header and 2. I realized that my google reader is cutting your blog posts short. I thought the last couple posts from you looked a little short and ended kind of abruptly (like mid-sentence). :)

Chantal said...

I made this soup last night - excellent. There were no leftovers. Thanks! I also have very good recipes for clam chowder and Olive Garden's "Zuppa Tuscana" made in a similar way. Call if you want them! I have been pleasantly surprised to find out that some of the soups I believed were cream based really start out being made with stock, ie. chicken broth, clam juice, etc.

Pam said...

wow Misty! Your family has grown and you guys are gorgeous! thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog...i've loved looking in on you guys and seeing what you're up to. JD and I loved Kentucky and our time there, and I know a big huge part of that was the tates creek ward and all of you guys in it. I'll definitely be keeping up with you now.