September 22, 2010

Stuff

Further evidence for Jay that digging in someone's trash, shopping at thrift stores and yard sales are good for the environment and my wallet. And I recycle, though Jay resents the fact that we have to pay $5 a month to recycle.

The Story of Stuff (long video but useful info)

M26: The Story of Stuff (like her review of above video)

The Stuff of Stuff

I Like Stuff

And what if all my STUFF was gone in an instant? Would I feel lighter or mourn for all the useless and untouched bits and pieces?

Used is hip now, isn't it? Lots of blogs now for reusing and redoing what you've already got, or found on the curb. When I need some "retail therapy," I head to my favorite thrift store, honest. I like stuff, too, but I'm cheap and I love giving something a new life. Here are some of my favorite blogs for inspiration of updating and improving previously loved treasures.

Remodelaholic

Better After

So Jessica, when can you come up and help me purge? I need some honest and harsh new eyes to evaluate the necessity of my stuff. And some empty boxes; anybody got empty moving boxes to haul my stuff away?


No comments: