October 2, 2008

Pure Torment and Torture

So we've been attempting to coax Merritt into blessing the toilet with the presence of her sweet little cheeks, to little avail. She knows all about it but it's just not worth her time. She knows we want her to use it so obviously she won't. Besides, she's got this pile of adorable panties, with flowers and butterflies, and shouldn't she get to wear them all in one day? So I wash them daily, change them hourly and wear a constant frown and headache. (Parker keeps asking, "Mom, why do you look like that?") I'm thinking I'd rather have anther root canal or even have been pregnant for an additional month rather than suffer this. Do you think this eye twitch will be permanent after this? Will she ever keep her undies dry? She hasn't worn pants in days and we haven't left the house even longer! Oh, the agony! And now I'm already dreading the eventual move to her "Big Girl" bed.

In addition, Spencer, at 5 months, still IS NOT SLEEPING all night. I haven't had more than 3 1/2 hours of sleep in a row since sometime in February; those midnight potty breaks always woke me up. (Deep, from the jiggly gut, sigh here.)

No, I'm not winking at you. I'm a mother.

2 comments:

J and V said...

I so wish I could not relate. We have been potty training Sarah for over a year and we still wash several loads of yucky underwear a week. We finally took her to a Urologist! I am going to hire someone to potty train Bekah. Maybe there should be "potty camp." You could send them away for a few days and they would come back accident free!

blairsblog6 said...

Forget the underwear! When she wants to wear underwear, then let her try. She won't go to college in a diaper and you won't have to wash yucky stuff. (I just threw the dirty accidents away!)