April 19, 2009

Any More Flattery?

Friday was Uno's birthday, he's six and I sooo look good for a child that age (more on his birthday later if I don't forget or actually stop caring to try and remember to post) so we (just the Wallet, the Nose Wiper, Uno, HRH and the Messy Eater) went to dinner and then got ice cream. Unfortunately the kids don't eat free anymore and Chocolate w/Hershey's Special Dark was freshly churned so I had to get some.

I'm not skilled with hair and makeup, which Jay reminds me with his guffaws when I mistakenly look through college photo albums, but I was tired of my face and hair. Plus, I wanted to show my HOT bread-winner (but not the bread baker-that's my job) that I looked too good to be the birther of a 6-year old. I tried something new and went for flat hair and a sexy, smokey eye. Believe it or not, flat hair is tough--you don't want it to be too flat but you want it to be smooth and silky and swingy. For the eye, I went daring with a black eyeliner on top & bottom and 3 eyeshadows. Add mascara and I was set. And I looked gooood.

Jay arrived, we loaded the cattle-car and departed. I waited, knowing he was awed and struck mute by my beauty and looking for a bit of quiet to whisper sweet odes in my ear.

His eventual observation: "Misty, did you bruise your eye or something?"

Really, Dear, if you compliment me any more, I think I'll die of the overload.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In my defense, I did notice and complement you hair. And, as for the bruised eye, my concern for your health and well-being should count for something.

- The Wallet

tania said...

Nice one, Jay. Bret and I both read this and laughed pretty hard.

blairsblog6 said...

You just take what you can get! And, where is the picture of this silky, swingy flat hair? Te me flat has always had several bad connotations...

-the good sister