April 26, 2009

Headed Straight For It

Hell, that is. And I'm the one on the pink Razor.

A few weeks ago I just stopped putting diapers on HRH. She doesn't like being inconvenienced and protested a bit, but I'm wise to her ways. She knows when she needs to pee and did just fine in panties, even at night. (Was it Chantal or Suzie that hates the word "panties"? Panties, panties, panties. he he he.) We've tried every form of 3-year old currency there is--paint her toenails, wear new Tinkerbell jammies, lose a toy (she just brings me one when she's dirty), my disappointment ("Cry, Mommy"), new panties, throwing panties away, but nothing's working for #2. She WILL NOT poop in the potty. We were downright sick (yuck-o!) of her poopy diapers but I don't think poopy panties are any better. She knows the consequences yet still decides to poop in her panties. Her excuse: "It's too hard." She just doesn't want to sit there that long and would rather just move herself while she plays. Our current deterrent for pooping in her panties, at least for now, is a cold shower. She hates them and I don't think they're working but it sure makes me feel better. "Yes, it's cold. Why is it cold? Because you pooped in your panties. If you'd poop in the potty, it'd be warm. No, I'm not done. Here's more cold water for you." Yep, I'm evil. And that's why I'm on that pink Razor.

(I just wrote panties 11 times.)

3 comments:

tania said...

We did the cold shower thing with Miller. We're all mean, aren't we? Good luck. I've been through that same "hell"!

gibbfamily said...

I'd like to say that it will get easier any day now...but, Jack was 5 years and two months when he last pooped in his underwear. I'm not saying he won't do it again either. They like the control, I think! Good luck! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!
Kacie

Chantal said...

I used to detest the word panties, but it grows on you once you have a cute little girl of your own. Nothings much cuter than a little bottom covered in its first pair of panties.