May 3, 2010

Family Reunion

Parker's spring break was a few weeks ago--yipee. One of the empty, long days of mayhem, I took my monkeys to visit their relatives (which side, I wonder?) at the zoo. Good times, good times. Actual friends accompanied us, so it really was a bit of fun--three moms and 10 kids, with 4 restrained in strollers, of course. We have a zoo membership, which is awesome 'cause we can see a few animals, whine that we're thirsty and complain that we're tired of walking and then leave, saving the other creatures for another visit. I'm taking an online photography class and this outing was a perfect opportunity to practice and see what all I don't know. Here's the documented evidence, in case you're interested.

This one's too dark--I thought I lightened it? (Parker, Dallin, Ava, Merritt and Miller)


She's on the right animal--sweet princess appearance with the bite of a croc.


Spencer's intent on chaos--must restrain him quickly! And why is Parker showing off his water? Yes, I do hydrate them occasionally.


And this guy was posing, so I had to oblige with a shot. Wonder where his horn is?


And the boring artistic shots--I need to learn how to prettify them in Photoshop or something.

Ooh, bokeh.


I love this statue in the Garden of Peace--sure could use that spot of green in my yard. I think I'd have to camp out in it though. (The garden, not the statue.)


Pretty flowers!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! Don't you love taking pictures of things that don't move? It makes things so much easier. I think we need a RS photography group that meets once a week. lol