July 15, 2009

Equality

Jay and I have been holding our breath, crossing our fingers over which vehicle would die first. My fabulous Ford van (2002) chugs along, leaving a trail of fumes and parts in its wake. Jay's '98 Camry, the one we bought a month before we married, sniff, since I totalled my little '92 Sentra named Sophie on the day my nephew Drew was born, sniff sniff, was making it but not by much. It needed a new timing belt and some water thing or air thing or something. Well, Jay won that bet!

His car, full of kids, limped home and sat. He promptly went searching for a replacement, deciding on another Camry (good cars). He got the parts for the crippled car and along with help from a car-fanatic neighbor, fixed it! Saved us over $1200 in labor costs. (You're such a stud, babe. That's why I married you!) Sold it and it's gone, but now we've got car payments and a snazzy, shiny newer car in the drive. Right next to my Fantastic Ford!

Now I was feeling a bit miffed since we lost a hubcap somewhere in western KY during the Christmas travelin' season and Jay hadn't replaced it yet. My helpful home teachers informed me that WAL-MART carries hubcaps. Who knew? What does Wally-World not carry? So I promptly purchased shiny new hubcaps for my FF, Jay reluctantly installed them and then shined up the tires. And I look gooood, driving my herd around in the FF. Sorry Jay, I know you're wishing you had the FF now, but you can't have it. You'll have to be content with your new '07 silver Camry that includes sunroof, Bluetooth, gazillion disc CD-player, charcoal leather interior, heated seats, radio buttons in the stearing wheel, fin on the back, sporty thingies at the bottom on the sides, and voice activated cell phone calling. Yessiree, I look good in my FF!



BTW, Jay, the cruise control stopped working last month, I never use my blinkers anymore (I like to live on the edge, baby.) and Spencer's door doesn't lock/unlock with my super-powers power lock. But I love my new $22 hubcaps and I look goooood.

2 comments:

Your Stud said...

Only the best for my girl!!

Teah said...

You are just way too funny!! Glad I stalked around and found your blog. I love the picture of the kids in the little house!! So cute!!